PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
HARTAMAS REAL ESTATE (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD and its holding company, associates, subsidiaries or related companies (“HARTAMAS”) respect and are committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy.
This Privacy Statement sets out how Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals (customers, vendors, distributors, suppliers, service providers, joint venture/ business partners, job applicants, employees) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (collectively referred to as the “PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to our website (“Site”), you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Policy.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to the requirement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we are issuing this notice to all our valued customers/ prospective customer. During the course of dealings between you and Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, you will be requested to provide or has provided to us your personal data to be collected, used and processed for purposes in respect of our properties and services.
2. THE PURPOSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
Your personal data will be/ is being collected, used and/ or processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, regular postal mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls, SMS messages or social media) or internet social media about products and services offered by us and/or via collaboration with selected third parties.;
- the delivery of notices, services, products or deliverables and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- marketing and client profiling activities regarding our latest, products, projects and/or services;
- delivery of vacant possession, handing over of keys, property/ estate management, customer care and/ or defect rectification works;
- provision of security and management services for the properties in question;
- credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
- prevention of crime (including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering);
- in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the products and/or services from us;
- to facilitate payment of our products and services;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirement of any applicable laws, regulations, directions, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circular, code applicable to us or any member companies of our Group;
- setting, modification, safekeeping, customer care, customer loyalty card programmes; and/ or related services in respect of our products and/or services;
- the maintenance and upkeep of customer records and development;
- any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to our products and/or services.
3. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data that has been or will be collected, processed and used by us are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as:
- agreements and contracts for sale and purchase of our products, properties or for our services;
- official registration forms (either electronic or printed) for new product launches or at product road shows, showcases, exhibitions or any other promotional events;
- official request for information forms that are provided to you by our employees or agents;
- any emails or any correspondences that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- any forms that you have submitted on our website or any websites contracted by us;
- any referrals from a person which have included their verifiable personal contact details;
- when you sign up for our Company’s newsletters and/or promotional publications;
- business cards that were dropped or given to our employees, agents, brokers or associates;
- any documents (including but not limited to statutory forms and returns) that were submitted to us for processing;
- use of “cookies” by your visit to our website, whereby small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features at our website. In some situations, you may not be able to access our website if cookies are disabled.
At no time will any Personal Data be purchased by us or in any way commercially acquired through the purchase or trading of illegitimate and illegal Personal Data databases or lists.
4. NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data includes but not limited to the following information:
- name, job title and company name;
- age, gender, date of birth, national registration identity card number, passport number;
- race, ethnic origin, nationality;
- contact information including address, email address and phone number;
- marital status, details of children, income range, employer; and
- such other relevant information.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data confidential but you hereby consent and authorise to disclose your personal data to the following categories of parties:
- any person to whom Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is required to so by law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any related, affiliated and subsidiaries of Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd;
- Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd business partners in relation to providing you with related products and services;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd appointed auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and/or
- third party property management companies/ entities in respect of the management of property that customers have purchased.
Any of your Personal Data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event your Personal Data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
We will keep any personal information you give us as long as there is a reason to do so, for instance to satisfy the law or regulations, or to protect our interests. If not, then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and schedules.
We shall try our very level best, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
8. DATA TRANSFER AND SHARING
Where Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd considers it necessary in relation to the provision of products and services to you to transfer your personal data to another member of Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
9. ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right as a data subject to have access and to correct your personal data in which you have provided to Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and in this respect, you may:
- request for correction of any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date;
- request for explanation on the policies and procedures in respect of your personal data provided to;
- request Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes;
- request Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd to limit the process of your personal data, including personal data limiting to the persons who may be identified from your personal data;
- inform Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
For any queries, write in requests in relation to access or correct and/ or delete your personal data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of personal data handled by us, please contact Hartamas Real Estate (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd at:
Data Protection Officer
Address: Level 13, Block A, Menara Prima, Jalan PJU 1/37, Dataran Prima, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Contact No.: 03-7839 5506
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supercede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Date of issuance of this Personal Data Privacy Notice: 20 January 2021