Since its establishment in 1996, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) and Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) have driven digital transformation and adoption across Malaysia’s public and private sectors.
Malaysia Digital is the engine that accelerates the growth of our ecosystem within the nine (9) focus areas; and drives digital adoption and opportunities in the digital economy via the Malaysia Digital Catalytic Programmes (PEMANGKIN) and other competitive offerings.
Malaysia Digital’s inclusive approach aims to harmonize the growing demand for digital solutions with a steady supply of products and services, whilst continuing to strengthen the Enablers such as talents, infrastructure and regulations.
With more than 2,000 companies and counting under the program, the MSC Malaysia status is a designation that is highly sought after by many IT establishments in the country. It is also a mark of world-class service and remarkable achievement to a host of privileges granted by the Government of Malaysia to business entities.
So, who can apply for a MSC status and what are some of the benefits of doing so?
According to the official website, to be eligible to apply for the award of MSC Malaysia Status and the financial incentives, a company is required to meet the following criteria:
(a) a company incorporated under the Companies Act 2016 and resident in Malaysia;
(b) proposing to carry out one or more of the MSC Malaysia-promoted activities as listed in
- big data analytics (BDA);
- artificial intelligence (AI);
- financial technology (FinTech);
- internet of things (IOT);
- cybersecurity (technology/software/design and support);
- data centre and cloud (technology/software/design and support);
- creative media technology;
- sharing economy platform;
- user interface and user experience (UI/UX);
- integrated circuit (IC) design and embedded software;
- 3D printing (technology/software/design and support);
- robotics (technology/software/design);
- autonomous (technology/software/design and support);
- systems/network architecture design and support; or
- global business services or knowledge process outsourcing excluding nontechnical and/or low value call center; data entry; and recruitment process
and has not issued any invoice for such proposed activities in Malaysia on the date of application
A company that has issued an invoice may be eligible if it has at least 60% Malaysian equity ownership and has issued its first invoice for such proposed activities in Malaysia not more than 12 months before the date of application, and not granted by the Government of Malaysia tax exemption in respect of the income from any activity on the date of application.
There are many advantages for a company to obtain the MSC status, including
- Foreign knowledge worker quota and passes
- Tax incentives
- Access to local and international markets and ecosystems
- Multimedia/ICT equipment import duty and sales tax exemption
- High powered implementation agency
For the full list of on how one can apply, please visit https://mdec.my/what-we-offer/msc-malaysia/apply-msc-status/application-process.
Are you looking for MSC status buildings for your company?
How much housing loan you can get?
How much is your property worth?
Interested in new launch property?
Looking for property for sale or rent?